Sunday 10 May 2009

Flights of Fancy

Having mentioned yesterday how easily distracted I am from working on new projects, last night I got totally distracted from the task at hand by making these:Sweet and simple brooches, using some more of those pretty embroidered butterfly motifs.

They'll be added to my shops as soon as I get the chance to take some proper photos. I'm going to try and get the sampler brooches finished first though! Focus, Laura, focus...

PS many thanks for all the kind comments about the other butterfly brooches (which are still being mulled over). All much appreciated! I think part of my creative angst is just that I'm not used to adding "extras" to my brooches. It's taking me a while to get used to marrying pretty motifs and buttons (yes, there is some buttony goodness coming soon!) with my felt designs, but I'm sure I'll get there slowly :)

9 comments:

SallyF said...

ooh I like those, definitely a good way to use the flutterbies x

Amity said...

These are stunning!

bex said...

These look really pretty!! ive been following your blog for a while and onyl just noticed your from gloucestershire! im in Cheltenham...small world i guess!
xx

The Rainbow Room said...

These look fab, I think the way you have used the black ties it all together : )

S said...

Lovely! I like the black stitched border and the way the wings come slightly off the top of the brooch.

Behind ouou said...

Charming! I love them!

Pair of Writers said...

Very cute! I like these better because the butterflies really stand out.

Melissa Crowe said...

These are lovely--I think you should trust your instincts because you have a beautiful eye for design. The butterflies, I think, work better on the plain background, and your own more detailed creations need no embellishment, as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

Gill Slone - Beadography said...

Very cute - love the pastel colour combo.