Wednesday 15 April 2015

Tea and Felt Biscuits

On the way back from the Post Office the other day I picked up a copy of the current issue of Creativity magazine, which includes a tea-and-biscuits themed project designed by me:


Bigger than an ordinary coaster, this colourful mug mat has plenty of room for your mug of tea (or coffee) and your biscuits of choice.

The mat is made from canvas and felt, and decorated with pretty woven ribbons and fun felt biscuits. The biccies were especially fun to sew! Of course, I had to eat lots of biscuits while working on this project - purely for research purposes, you understand :)


I'm looking forward to flicking through the rest of the mag during a teabreak... and deciding what to make with this month's cute cover gifts. Hmm...


Can't find docrafts Creativity Magazine in your local newsagent? You can subscribe here or buy individual issues here.

4 comments:

Alecia said...

I feel like the biggest idiot for never thinking of a mug mat sooner. I didn't even know they were a thing! A coaster with enough space for biscuits! Genius!

Emilia Jayne said...

Ooh I might have to pick this up. This project looks wonderful.

Silly Little Sheep said...

Very nice!! Especially the biscuit bits :) I crocheted some biscuits for my niece, you could make some thicker separate ones and sell them as toys :) They look very realistic!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Alecia - they're a fab idea, aren't they? Lots of crafty possibilities.

Emilia Jayne - hope you enjoy making this project!

Silly Little Sheep - thank you! Remember though, anything sold as a toy needs to comply with safety rules & regs :)